My brief bio...

I used to co-write a blog, "East and West Running" at www.eastandwestrunning.blogspot.com...click on the various links to see some of the early entries from 2010 to 2012 when I first learned how to run and then first learned how to ride a bike as I was based in Canada and my co-blogger was based in Malaysia.

I fell off the blogging wagon since somewhere around 2014 or 2015, but I'm getting back on so that I can track my #fitoverforty journey back into fitness...

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Going Rogue on my Training!

Joy here...Okay, so I signed up for the Toronto half marathon the weekend of October 18th.  And I'll cut to the end of the story here:  I didn't do the race.

Leading up to October I've just been so, darned busy.  A recent article, though, says that we're not as time-starved as we think; it says that according to one study, "The time is available to have a fulfilling career and rewarding family life," and thus, we should kind of buck up and stop thinking of ourselves as super time-starved.

So I've had to realize that I'm no more time-starved than anyone else, and probably better off than some.  And my inability to prioritize training has more to do with my failing to prioritize training than any actual, objective limits on the amount of time I could dedicate to training.

But instead of beating myself up over this inability to organize my time or prioritize properly, as is my usual wont (like when I blogged here), this time I'm just gonna own it (cue someone snapping and saying "you go girl!").

And what does it mean to "own it"?  It means that I'm just going to make a big announcement:

I'M GOING ROGUE ON MY TRAINING.

Yep, that's it.  That is all.  Sure, I'm going to run.  I've even found a squash partner for the new year.  I'm going to walk and hike, and when I get the chance I'm going to ride my bike.

But what I'm not going to do is sign myself up for races, tell myself I'm going to train, and then not be able to do it.  

I just have other priorities right now, and I'm sick of feeling bad because I just can't do all things all the time 100%.

So wish me luck...and I'm sure I'll be back!

Over and out,
Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment