My brief bio...

I used to co-write a blog, "East and West Running" at www.eastandwestrunning.blogspot.com...click on the various links to see some of the early entries from 2010 to 2012 when I first learned how to run and then first learned how to ride a bike as I was based in Canada and my co-blogger was based in Malaysia.

I fell off the blogging wagon since somewhere around 2014 or 2015, but I'm getting back on so that I can track my #fitoverforty journey back into fitness...

Friday, January 4, 2013

Running in Melbourne

Joy here...My last post summed up my running in Malaysia as basically more of a food tour than a running tour.  Alas, after leaving the balmy tropical weather, good friends, and delicious food of Kuala Lumpur for the windy summer weather of Melbourne and family Christmas, I think I did MORE eating and LESS running than in the previous week!

In fact, while I was feeling a little less in shape after our week and a half in Kuala Lumpur, I was patting myself on the back for not having any real full nights of drunken debauchery and unending desserts (like usual).

But maybe I was feeling a little bit too smug, and Melbourne jumped up and kicked my ass.  I only pulled off a total of 2 runs while there, and did more than my share of eating.  In fact, I think I was eating as though I was pregnant with twins.  Which now I kinda look like I am.
It all started with a fantastic Christmas Eve meal at Melbourne's
fancy Stokehouse restaurant over looking St. Kilda beach...

...where my dessert was awesomeness wrapped in roasted marshmellow!
Then we began Christmas Day with appetizers, before I
was even hungry again after Christmas Eve's dinner!

  
And continued with a Christmas dinner
of salmon...
...watermelon salad...
  
...and veggies roasted on the barbie!
(all courtesy of my little sister)













Then we went to Vue de Monde on the 55th floor of a Melbourne
tower for a fancy smancy 6-course luncheon.

And finished up our Melbourne food extravaganza
with a family dinner with the Australian arm of the
Malaysian relatives!!!
So while my fitness may have suffered in Australia, my taste buds certainly did not!

Over and out,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment